E-learning is a modern concept of learning which actually remove hindrances and enables to grasp knowledge through multi media devices. E-learning is a generally all-encompassing term that portrays educational technology which automatically or technologically supports learning and teaching.
Bernard Luskin, a pioneer of e-learning, advocates that the “e” should be interpreted to mean “exciting, energetic, enthusiastic, emotional, extended, excellent, and educational” in addition to “electronic.” This broad understanding focuses on new applications and developments, and also brings learning and media psychology into consideration. Parks suggested that the “e” should refer to “everything, everyone, engaging, easy”.
The multi dimensional e-learning industry is professionally significant, and was estimated in 2000 to be over $48 billion according to conservative estimates. Developments in internet and multimedia technologies are the basic enabler of e-learning, with consulting, content, technologies, services and support being identified as the five key sectors of the e-learning business. Information and communication technologies (ICT) are used extensively by young people.
- We cam plan class work accordingly work and family
- We can manage to reduces travel time and travel costs for off-campus students
- We may have the option to select learning materials that meets their level of awareness and interest
- We can study everywhere they have access to a computer and Internet connection
- Self-paced learning modules allow students to work at their own pace
- We can be flexible to join discussions in the bulletin board threaded discussion areas at any hour, or visit with classmates and instructors remotely in chat rooms
- Instructors and students both report e-Learning advances more interaction among students and instructors than in large lecture courses
- It can accommodate different learning styles and ease learning through a variety of activities
- Develops information of the Internet and computers skills which will help learners throughout their lives and careers
- Productively completing online or computer-based courses builds self-knowledge and self-confidence and encourages students to take responsibility for their learning
- Learners can test out of or skim over materials by now experienced and concentrate efforts in mastering areas containing new information and/or skills
As we know e-learning is a modern concept and now days it is becoming popular. It has a huge market for itself due to its benefits